Thursday, January 20, 2011

customer service- where has it gone?

Bert (my sewing machine) is home safe and well. But driving home from the sewing centre i was fuming, and this is what my brain was turning over:


Dear Sewing Centre Machine Fixer-upperer man,

How about you treat your customers with a little bit of respect. 
Just because I came in a bit early, looking a bit disheveled, having the kids in tow and I disturbed you from your morning coffee, is no reason why you cant show someone a little bit of decent, common courtesy. You can also get off you backside and open the door for your customers, especially when you see them struggling at getting the door open while they are carrying a child and a heavy sewing machine, rather than just sitting there and watch them do battle with your door. It might have been ammusing for you, but i was far from impressed.

Secondly, don't treat me like an absolute sewing idiot. I am not a fool when it comes to sewing. I do know how to thread 'my' own  machine and  I do know how to wind a bobbin on 'my' own machine, and do all of those things you say i think i dont know.  Dont tell me that I should learn to thread my machine and use it properly, as I have been sewing for 15 years and never had any threading problems. Please, dont assume I've never sewn before.

And lastly, dont berate me for using a particular thread that you dont sell in your store. I dont need to hear that you think it's '#%*!' and that this thread will stuff my machine up if I'm going to use it. And what's this about using this thread that will void my warranty? You've got to be kidding!

So sewing machine fixer- upperer man, you have made me a little irate this morning. I really dont like to start my day this way. Thank you for ruining a beautiful morning.


*ahhhhh*- that feels so much better out than in! Now to enjoy the rest of the day!

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Hannah, what a start to the day. I also would be fuming. Love your post and found it quite amusing.

    ReplyDelete