Saturday, February 12, 2011

sreenprinting basics

I've been meaning to try my hand at screen printing for positively ages- seriously....years! You know how you bookmark all those tutorials you really wish to try out and very rarely get to any of them. Well this was in that very list.

So, I don't know what possessed me to try printing tonight, but with glass of red wine in one hand and scalpel in the other, I was more than ready (and probably dangerous too)!

There are so many different types of screen printing for beginners. The freezer paper technique, photo emulsion, or this tutorial-making a screen print from contact paper.

It was super easy to do. The tutorial is well set out and easy to follow.
I was quite impressed with my first attempt. (Except I burnt the fabric in the oven whilst trying to heat set it)!


I'd definitely give it another go. And this time wont forget the fabric in the oven!

No comments:

Post a Comment